Google-chrome in Arch is in the Arch User Repository. It means I have to be responsible for updating the package when a new version is released. I’ve been lazy at updating point releases lately. I just updated my version two days ago for a point release. Now I learned that version 61 is out.
$ git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/google-chrome.git
Cloning into ‘google-chrome’…
remote: Counting objects: 414, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (305/305), done.
remote: Total 414 (delta 199), reused 287 (delta 109)
Receiving objects: 100% (414/414), 81.90 KiB | 274.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (199/199), done.
$ cd google-chrome
google-chrome.install google-chrome-stable.sh PKGBUILD
$ makepkg -sic
==> Making package: google-chrome 61.0.3163.79-1 (Wed Sep 6 18:03:17 +08 2017)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Checking buildtime dependencies…
==> Retrieving sources…
-> Downloading google-chrome-stable_61.0.3163.79_amd64.deb…
$ sudo pacman -U google-chrome-61.0.3163.79-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz